Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Kind Thoughts ATC

I'm really having trouble coming up with witty, cute titles. They're a little dry and utilitarian. Any thoughts? Hehe... on to the stamping, right? ATCs... Oh how I love thee. :-D This one is nice and straight forward, with a simple technique for fun. My hubby helped me get these ready to swap by crumpling all the Kiwi Kiss pieces for me. Isn't he sweet? The technique used on the butterfly is called Rock and Roll. It's a simple, fun way to perk up a mostly solid stamp with a "circular" shape. This technique works especially well with flowers and actual circles. To begin you chose 2 colors that "go". Just think of Stacy and Clinton - they don't have to match... just go. For this example I used So Saffron and Kiwi Kiss. Ink your stamp as usual with the lighter color. Then, take your stamp and gently "roll" the edges of the image in the darker color. Huff on your stamp (if you're slow like me) and stamp. Yahoo! You have a pretty little stamped image. Stamp Set: Kind Thoughts Paper: So Saffron, Kiwi Kiss, Very Vanilla Ink: So Saffron, Kiwi Kiss, Very Vanilla (craft) Accessories: Vanilla 1/4" grosgrain ribbon

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hi Tracey... cute ATC! Your hubby did a great job crumpling paper, too. It was great to visit at convention... I'll be checking back often to see your wonderful creativity!