One of the make & takes that I really liked at convention was a little book made from our love notes. These are 3x3 little notes with envelopes. Very cute as gift cards and such on their own, but great as a gift book.
See? Isn't that cute?
I love the inside for little pictures and notes. My mom and mom-in-law might be seeing one of these in the coming year... :-)
I don't have the actual love notes, but I have plenty of the envelopes to fit them and 12x12 paper. I started by cutting 2 3"x6" pieces of paper and scoring them at 3". I stamped alternating corners of the pages for a little interest inside. Next I prepared 2 envelopes. The first I sealed closed. This became the front cover. The second I tucked the flap inside. This becomes the back cover, with a nice little pocket to tuck something into. I scored all of the pieces 3/4" from the edge, to create the area to bind the book. I gently folded each piece at the score line so the book would be easy to look through. Next came the fun part - decorating the covers.
With the covers all beautified, it's time to assemble the book. Covers on the outside, pages on the inside. :-) I used a mini binder clip to hold the book together while I punched and bound it. I used my Crop-A-Dile (I'm still amazed by the ease of punching with this) to put 2 holes in the narrow section between the score line and the edge. With the binder clip still in place I threaded the ribbon through the holes. I removed the clip and tied the ribbon. All done!
If you make your own version of this little book, please come back here and share a link to your sample. I'd love to see it!
Stamp Sets: Eastern Blooms, Always Paper: Old Olive Ink: Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive (marker), Creamy Caramel (marker) Accessories: Mini Square Envelopes, Whisper White Taffeta ribbon (dyed with the ink pad), Button Bouquet
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Convention Make & Take CASE
Labels:
gifts,
in color,
markers,
not a card

2 comments:
Very very cute Tracey - wasn't Convention just a hoot??!!! I am so glad you stopped by my blog since I now have yours saved in my Google Reader - I just love drawing inspiration from other demos!
*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex
Oh, I LOVE this! I think I like your version better even! That flower is perfect and your colors really pop! I think I have some of those envelopes too, I need to go dig around now! TFS!
Post a Comment