One of the swap groups I joined was for altoids tins. These tins are great for making cute little kits and gifts that are simple and fun. I decided to make an Emergency Celebration Kit.
I started by spray painting my tins. You can chose to do this or not... some tins are in wonderful coordinating colors and you can even find them plain online or in craft stores. I traced the top and bottom twice and trimmed on the inside of my drawn line. Then I proceeded to decorate it! Go crazy! Use your imagination. I used sticky strip to adhere the base piece to the tin and SNAIL for the rest. How cute is that final product? ~:-)
Thursday, August 07, 2008
Altoids Tin
Labels:
not a card

4 comments:
Beautiful!!
What do you use to paint the tin??
The cheapest white spray paint I could find. :-)
I meant acrylic, poster paint, etc? :)
Very cute! I should have joined this swap, I have a whole pile of these tins that an old co-worker saved for me. Did you change your profile pic too? Looks good!
Post a Comment