Wednesday, August 06, 2008

A Convention Swap

Woohoo! I got back from convention very early on Monday morning. My brain is still running about a million miles an hour with all the stamping and business ideas they threw our way. It is just so much fun! I enjoyed this year even more than last year. Last year I think I was just plain overwhelmed... I didn't know what to keep in my brain and what to just wait to processes later. This year was much better, as I know what kind of business have and where I will be taking it in the future. :-) So, shockingly enough, I was a little behind on making general swaps. I made a few for the groups I had signed up for, but never got around to making any others. I just decided to come up with a basic idea and take along the supplies to make a few (I ended up with 20). The technique I went with is called ghosting. You begin by using a brayer to lay color over a piece of velum. Then you take your clean stamp and lift the color from the vellum, cleaning off the ink each time you "stamp". You can use several different stamps to "lift" different amounts of ink each time. This is a very simple technique that is easy to do! Stamp Sets: Heard from the Heart, Canvas, A Beautiful Thing Paper: Riding Hood Red, Sahara Sand, Cardstock Vellum Ink: Night of Navy, Riding Hood Red Accessories: Whisper White Taffeta ribbon

No comments: