Heartfelt Thanks is such a great set! It makes wonderfully elegant cards, which you might have guessed I love. I used my watercolor crayons and markers to stamp the flower. I colored on the stamp directly with the crayons and spritzed it with water (I did about 4 sprays at a distance of 12 inches - I suggest you play with it to find out the perfect spray:distance ratio). After the main color had dried, I used markers to ink the outline stamp and stamped. Super easy!
On the card body, I stamped Canvas with Versamark ink on the bottom half. The uneven "seam" is easily covered by the wide grosgrain ribbon. Just a note - the ribbon is Bravo Burgundy. Although I used Rose Red for the paper and ink, it coordinated beautifully. I alway have to remind myself that it's not required that things match. They just need to "go". Thank you Stacy and Clinton! ~:-)
Stamp Sets: Heartfelt Thanks, Canvas Paper: Old Olive, Rose Red, So Saffron Prints DSP, Confetti White Ink: Versamark, Rose Red Accessories: Watercolor Crayons, Stampin' Write Markers, Bravo Burgundy 5/8" grosgrain ribbon
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Elegant Flower
Labels:
designer paper,
markers,
watercoloring

1 comment:
Wow! This is beautiful!
Post a Comment