Sunday, March 16, 2008

Frequently Forgotten Sage

Poor Sage Shadow. So often forgotten and left sitting in the paper file, neglected for the favored brother, Certainly Celery. No longer shall you weep! Okay, a little over the top. What can I say... I often hear the colors calling to me as I browse my collection, contemplating my next creation. Sage screamed to be used. :-D I always aim to make a "male" card pretty frequently... I send a lot of those myself, so I figure you probably do too! For this card I started by stamping one of the flourishes from Baroque Motifs in Chocolate Chip craft ink three times, then embossing with clear EP. I punched them out with my 1 1/4" square punch. I layered them on Handsome Hunter squares punched with the 1 3/8" punch. The card base is sage (of course) and stamped with "kind" in Chocolate Chip craft and embossed, like the squares. I then sponged the edges. The Chocolate Chip panel simply has the edges sponged. I stamped the smaller sage panel with Sanded in sage ink. Then I just stuck everything together. I started just using the 3 squares, without the brads, but it definitely needed something more. I just fiddled with the spacing on the squares to leave room for the brads. I used my paper piercing guide to get the brads super straight. Well thanks for looking! Stay tuned for more super-fabulous(or at least decent) stamping projects! Stamp Sets: Baroque Motifs, Sanded Paper: Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla Ink: Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip (craft and classic) Accessories: Clear embossing powder, silver brads

3 comments:

Yosha said...

Ha ha! That is so true. Sadly I don't even remember a sage shadow, definitely know the certain celery!!!

Great card and great colour combo for a guy!

Thanks for the idea!

jjcreations said...

This is very rich looking. Excellent card. Joan

Nancy Riley said...

Tracey, I love the clean lines of this card! The color combo is awesome too!