Happy New Year to you! Yes I'm a little slow. :-) At least we're only 5 days in!
So have you checked out the new Stampin' Up! Spring & Summer Collection yet? I'm loving it! So far my favorite thing is the Berry Bliss DSP (I love pages 108 and 109). That is so on my first order (no I haven't ordered yet... I'm trying to restrain myself a little this year. It's very hard!). I did get a few things that were featured in the preview (ah... the joys of being a demo) and have finally dug out my desk to make something.
I really like the Style Watch section of the new book and have found myself drawn to the colors in the Eastern Eclectic collection. I especially love the bright colors in the Bali Breeze DSP. Wow. It makes me love using orange... uhem... Pumpkin Pie. :-)
I wanted to participate in Beate's weekend sketch challenge. I love her style, so if you haven't been to her blog check it out. So anyway, this lovely layout is thanks to her!
When I thought of Bali breezes, I thought of a beautiful polished black four poster bed with brightly dyed silk linens. I used the black embossing powder to add the touch of shine I wanted. I didn't have black brads, so I used the little trick of heating my silver brad and dipping it in the EP and then reheating it for a nice black enamel. I was very pleased with the results.
Well, thanks for looking! I'll be back soon with a little scrapbook layout to share!
Stamp Sets: A Beautiful Thing, Celebrate Everything Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Bali Breeze DSP Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Purely Pomegranate, Versamark Accessories: Black Embossing Powder, brads
Saturday, January 05, 2008
Celebrate with Bali
Labels:
designer paper,
Sketch Challenge

3 comments:
Great card, fab colours
Tracey,
Your card looks FANTASTIC. I love the bold colors. Thanks so much for playing with the sketch!
Hugs and smiles
Love how you embossed 'celebrate', your colors are great, and I really like how you used the designer paper!
Post a Comment