Friday, December 28, 2007

Mom's Star Book

I hope you all had a happy holiday. We enjoyed Christmas with my parents and brother. It was very nice. When they're here I realize exactly how much I miss them! So on to the stamping... using yet another tutorial at Splitcoast I made this awesome star book for my mom for Christmas. It is a star book and is so very cool. It's called a star book, because looky what it makes when it's opened... Very cool, right? I knew my mom would love it. It was super easy to stick in the pictures of the kids. While I was constructing it, I struggled with the inside "layer" looking kind of plain. Once I had the book together, the simplicity of the inner piece was fine because of the borders created by the other layers. I have only one word of caution... this used up nearly a full roll of sticky strip (I need to buy stock in that stuff!). I think the results are well worth it! TFL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a labor of love. I love the colors and paper you chose for your book. I bet your Mom loved it. How can she not with those cutie pie pictures inside.

Yosha said...

What a great star book! I started one...once! I am so not a scrapbooker, but you've inspired me to try again!

Anonymous said...

Great work.