Friday, December 21, 2007

The season...

is overtaking me! I'm still ahead, but I think by the end of today I will officially be behind. I have so much to do! So what do I do? I post to my blog. Can you say procrastinator?! :-) So first off, let me apologize for the quality of this photo... I literally took it as I ran out the door to preschool. This is one of the 3 gifts for Connor's preschool teachers. I made this box from chipboard and some retired paper and ribbon. They went together so easily and fairly quickly (once I put the children to bed and cleared a hole on my desk!). I started by adhering the paper to the coasters with the SU! glue stick. I used a sanding block on the edges to make it look seamless. I then made a template for the holes out of an extra coaster, which made the whole process so much easier. And let me tell you how excellent the Crop-a-dile is for this! I don't pull it out much (I worked without it for so long, I'm just starting to think to use it), but whenever I do, I am impressed. I set the depth I wanted for the holes and it added so much stability to the hole punching process. Once everything was punched, I tied the four sides together and then used Crystal Effects to glue the bottom on. Easy-peasy! Then there was the matter of filling them. I put in a cute reinker and glitter ornament (there's a great tutorial HERE on Amy's blog), a card, and a small Bath and Body Works lotion. All the extra space was filled with confetti made from cardstock run through my shredder. I'm very happy with how they came out and hope his teachers like them. Connor loves preschool (and I love him going ;-) ), so I just had to thank them! I hope everyone is having a great holiday season. My parents and brother will be visiting (I've missed them sooo much), so I'm very excited for the coming week. I will post my scrapbook creation after Chistmas... it's my mom's present, so I don't want to ruin the surprise! TFL!

No comments: