Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I did it!

I finished the smash book! I finished it last night except for the few little things I needed from my children. I had Connor draw on a triangle and I made a ladybug from Clara's thumbprint for another triangle. I'm pretty proud of this... kind of silly considering how easy it was to do. Enough blabbering, here it is. The outside is really simple. I wanted it to survive well in the mail and in a purse. This is the inside when the book is open all the way. Just some detail shots for you. I used Dots and Dashes DS paper to cover my 4x4 chipboard coasters (used for the covers). I stamped with Simple Shapes, which is retiring and Everyday Flexible Phrases, which is not (I think there'd be a revolt). I used Green Galore, Pumpkin Pie, Pink Passion, and Taken with Teal paper. I used the same colors of ink. Remember, if you want to do this yourself you can check out Beate's tutorial on SCS and I am always willing to help out! Have a good day! Update! MIL received the book in time and paid me the ultimate comment. She asked DH if she could order it online. Isn't it funny that a good compliment for a craft project is that it doesn't look crafted? I was proud of it, but that really made me smile. She is such a great giving person, I am very glad she loved it.

No comments: