Saturday, May 12, 2007

Baby!

I've never done a baby card before! It was a nice change and actually a little challenging for me. I had ideas floating around in my head, but none of them worked for a full card. I hate it when that happens. I'm hardly ever satisfied with end result. It's so much better in my head! Anyhow, I used Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana and Whisper White CS. I stamped my backgrounds using Versamark. I stamped the giraffe in Barely Banana and Bashful Blue (on the blue background for shadowing purposes). I also used Whisper White craft ink for the word "baby", which you can kind of make out beside the giraffe's neck. The stamp sets are Linen, Polka Dots & Paisleys, Wild About You and Everyday Flexible Phrases. I also used my white gel pen and grosgrain ribbon. I did some fun things with this card. I created a scalloped edge using the slit punch. I also did faux stitching. Believe it or not, this was my first faux stitching experience (I know... where have I been?). I like the idea and may use it more later. So, I guess that's it. You may be seeing more out of me since stamping seems to be the only thing that keeps me from killing my 3yo (right now he's throwing his 3rd tantrum of the morning at my feet... it's not even 10 yet!). I guess that's a good thing? ~:-)

No comments: