I've found that the SU! catalog really is a great idea book (duh... that's why it's called an idea book...). There is a project for every stamp set in the catty and there's the fabulous list of recipes found in the back. I mean, Wow!
For this card I followed Angie's lead. I used the colors found in a pack of Designer Series Paper and a layout found on a random page of the book. I chose to use the colors in Urban Garden - Basic Grey, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy. Then I flipped to a random page - 104. Funny, but this is the same page Angie used for one of her projects, so I of course picked a different layout. Anyway, here's my finished product.
I love how this turned out. I need to start doing some sketch challenges again, because I find that is what I struggle with the most. If I also chose a stamp set to stick with, I push myself to find new uses (or positions) for the stamps in the set. It helps me grow!
Oh yes! A little tip! I have been using my color spritzer a lot lately, but have not been able to use it with the In Colors since they don't have markers. I have a solution. You could, of course use a similar color (ie. Old Olive for Kiwi Kiss) or you could just use Creamy Caramel! I figured why not just use the universal distressing color for one more type of texture. Woohoo! Is it sad how simple things make me soooo happy?
Stamp Set: Always Paper: Basic Gray, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White Ink: Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Kiwi Kiss, Creamy Caramel, Basic Black

2 comments:
HI! I make cards and I loooove SU! so I searched for SU! blogs--and found you!! Your work is lovely, I'll be back often for inspiration!!
-Tabitha
Roots & Wings
www.prodgrits.blogspot.com
Tracey, this is gorgeous!! Way to go! Good tip with for the In Colors. I've been using the Ruby Red marker at times with Red Riding Hood. Can't wait to see your next creation! *wink*
Post a Comment