no really... hehe. It was spring break here in lovely Connecticut and the boy was home every. single. day. all. day. What am I going to do come summer? Thank goodness for his preschool's summer camp in August. ;-) Of course, we had so much fun this week, with planning the summer will be great too!
I thought I would post a scrapbook page in honor of the boy today. I took this photo last year on the first day I had my camera. I got such good pictures that day, simply because I was willing to play around with the features of my camera. Hmm... maybe it's time to do that again. Anyway, here's the page.
I totally love Heather Nichols' style of stamping using kraft paper and I wanted to go for that earthy feel with this page. I wanted the layout to be very simple, so I played around with elements for a while and decided on the twill tape and book turns.
The leaf was fun to make. I used sponges to apply craft ink in various greens to the stamp. I stamped it on Very Vanilla. After I let it dry, I used more sponges to apply classic ink to make it really look like a fresh spring leaf. Then I trimmed it out. Easy as pie, just required a little patience.
I was most surprised by the vanilla mat I used... I always grab a dark piece of cardstock to mount my photos, but after about a 15 mins of playing I knew that just wasn't working. I sat there wondering what to do (I couldn't just have an unmounted picture *gasp*) when I looked over my messy desk and saw a scrap of Very Vanilla. "It couldn't be that easy," I thought. But it was!
Well, for those of you who are still looking, thanks! I'll try to be around a little more often! TFL!
Stamp Sets: With Gratitude, Art by Design Paper: Kraft, Very Vanilla Ink: Versamark, Garden Green, every green I own for the leaf, Garden Green marker Accessories: Twill Tape, Hodgepodge Hardware Antique Brass
Friday, April 18, 2008
Really I am alive...
Labels:
family,
markers,
not a card,
scrapbooking

3 comments:
This is beautiful. I love Clean and Simple design like this. the twill is just the perfect touch. TFS
This is gorgeous!! Love the two photo anchors on the left and the one pop of color with the leaf! I'm the same with Very Vanilla card stock!
thanks for stopping by my blog. good luck with your allergy stuff. i know it takes a lot of work. love this scrapbook page. you do very nice work!
Post a Comment