I saw this demoed at Regionals in Philly and when it began popping up on blogs all over, I figured it was time to give it a try!
It was very simple. I sealed the envelope (I used SNAIL) and used the tag punch repeatedly to cut away and make a handle. Very simple. I embossed the pears on some scrap Very Vanilla and watercolored away. I also embossed the sentiment. All of the edges are sponged (it's soooo easy to add depth that way!) and I also sponged a little over the stamped pattern on the "handle".
Looking at the picture, I think I might go back and use my corner rounder on the top edge of the basket. I find it's very helpful to look at the photos of my creations. It kind of gives me an outside perspective. Several of the things you've seen here have ended up "fine tuned". If ever I finally start submitting, that will definitely be on the list of things to do before I consider myself finished.
On another note, I am about the reach 3000 hits. Small, but I'm proud! Stay tuned for my little celebration! ~:-D
Stamp Sets: Infinite Goodness Paper: Ginger Blossom, Old Olive, Very Vanilla Ink: Versamark, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red, River Rock, So Saffron Accessories: Black Embossing Powder, Vanilla medium envelope
Sunday, March 02, 2008
Envelope baggie
Labels:
designer paper,
gifts,
heat embossing,
watercoloring

1 comment:
So, so cute! I haven't tried this yet. . .I must! :) Thanks for visiting my blog and to answer your question on the Chalkboard card, no I didn't mask while coloring. I did one flower at a time, so stamp it then color with chalks right away, then go onto the next flower. Maybe that's why they look so vibrant. . .the ink was still real wet and took a lot of the chalk color???
Post a Comment