Saturday, November 17, 2007

Scrapbook Saturday

In an effort to get some of my scrapbooking done, I'm instituting Scrapbook Saturdays. So there! Hehehe. I think this might be a good way to keep myself "doing" layouts instead of just thinking about them and being overwhelmed. We'll see if it works. I am a slow scrapper, so these will be created throughout the week and then posted. Maybe I'll get good enough to push out masses of layouts like they were nothing, but that comes with time... Along with being a procrastinator, I also tend to be struck with doubt at the last minute. That's what happened with this layout. I created this for one of SU!'s monthly contests. It sat finished in my project drawer... I meant to send it in... but I stalled and in general doubted it was competition worthy. I need to just get over that, don't you think? Anyway, I do like the way it came out. I used the Pretties kit for the flower. I dyed it using a aquapainter and ink pad. The leaves were created with ribbon from Theater ribbon originals. I ended up using 3D glue dots and crystal effects to hold it all together. So anyway, let me know what you think... I'm totally into constructive criticism, so just let me have it (of course, be kind and know that I will take it or leave it ~;-D). TFL! Stamp Sets: Baroque Motifs, Linen, Headline Alphabet Ink: Versamark, Chocolate Chip, Mellow Moss, Close to Cocoa Paper: Groovy Guava textured, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip Accessories: Pretties Kit, Theater Ribbon Originals

2 comments:

Yani said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! And thanks for visiting my blog!

Amy Sheffer said...

I think this is absolutely FABULOUS. You should have no doubts about it at all. I'd call it competition worthy any day. Glad to have found your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine :)