Monday, October 01, 2007

My new space

So this is it! I got "moved in"! Can I say again how much I love this? On each side of the chair is a drawer for 12x12 paper (retired on left, current on the right) and in the center is a totally awesome project drawer. It has already saved a layout from the coffee my evil tantrum throwing child spilled on my desk (yes, I had a beverage on my workspace... stupid I know, but I need to have my coffee...) Inside all the drawers are tucked my tools. I have perfect places for punches, adhesives, scissors, brads and embellies, my embossing stuff... everything has a place. I did need to keep my regular shelves nearby for my inks (I don't like them on the desk, but of course needed them close) and I also kept my ribbons there. It makes a good place for my workshop notebooks and magazines. I've already pulled out my Stampin' Success notebook to browse for inspiration a few times. I haven't done that since I moved... they'd been stuck in an inconvenient place. I'm using the paper storage as shelves for more tools and alterable items. My paper in in the file cabinet neatly tucked away by families. Also on the file cabinet is my paper cutter (*love*) and card display (and in this picture a big ol' 6 Flags cup). Ah! Hope you don't mind my blabbermouth! If you want anymore details, just ask! Ta!

2 comments:

Alberta said...

Tracey, that is as stunning as I thought it would be!

How long did it take you to figure out where you wanted to put everything?

I can only imagine the magic you will create in your new space! I;m so happy for you...and a little envious!

Trish D said...

Ooh, this looks great. Where did you find all the great units?

BTW, you've gotta find a CM consulant and get their great little cupholder thingee. It's the one and only CM item I own, but it's a lifesaver (I'm a klutz, so it's still walking on the wild side for me to have beverages that close to my workspace, but it greatly reduces the risk ;)