Wednesday, July 18, 2007

So quiet...

you'd think I was getting a lot done! Don't be deceived! :-D I'm eeking out every last minute to do swaps, but it's not amounting to very much time. I'm glad I signed up for some organized swaps though... pressure to perform is obviously my inspiration and I don't want to disappoint the other ladies in my swaps! After some consideration, I've decided to go ahead and share my swaps here, before they are swapped. I know I don't want to see the swaps I'll recieve, so I guess in consideration of others that may be participating...

Roanne's Technique Swap *****SPOILER ALERT!*****
I signed up to do the emboss resist technique. As I did it, I realized this was the first stamping technique I had ever seen. I used to watch DIY Scrapbooking nearly daily. At one point SU! co-founder Shelli Gardner was a guest, showing this technique on a scrapbook page. It was a tropical style set with summer colors. That set retired the first year I was a demo. But that's all beside the point... I was inspired by the holiday on which I created it (can you guess which one? hehe). I used cotton balls to apply the ink colors on to glossy paper because it produced the richest color. Other than that... well, it's pretty straight forward! On a side note, I am loving the Fundamental Phrases set I used for the sentiment. The font is the perfect size for the word window punch!

No comments: