That was just in case my mommy checks out this blog. It's rare that she really spends time online, but you never know...
So anyway, slacker that I am, I finally got her Mother's Day gift finished. It's pretty cool. Once again I used one of Beate's tutorials to get going. This time it's a Jacob's Ladder. I have loved these ever since mom showed me how to use the one my grandma had. I thought she might like it too... especially covered in pictures of her beautiful grandchildren! :-D So here it is...
This is the cover. I used the sets Wild Rose (which I finally bought) and Just So Sayings. I painted the edges of the coasters using white acrylic paint dyed with Always Artichoke reinker. This probably won't be something I do again... it would take the whole reinker bottle to get the color dark enough for my liking. It would probably work if I only needed a small amount of paint or maybe if I used a craft reinker. Hmmm... I used Heirloom designer series paper. And did you notice? I finally was able to kiss successfully! I was soooo excited! I inked my canvas background stamp up with Cranberry Crisp ink and used it as the ink pad for the flower stamp. How cool is that?
I think next time I make one of these, I will plan for more white space. I just wanted to fit all the pictures... but maybe that wasn't the greatest. I know mom will love it though!
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Mom! Don't look!
Labels:
designer paper,
kissing,
not a card

No comments:
Post a Comment