Saturday, February 24, 2007

Joseph's Coat

It was time to try a new technique. I've been trying to kiss, but I keep bumping noses or something (HA!). So I took a break from that to try "Joseph's Coat". I was able to do it easily enough... not sure if I totally like it, but that really doesn't matter. So anyway, here's the card: I used my spectrum pad (Pumpkin Patch) and brayered it on glossy paper. Then I stamped my images in versamark and embossed with clear powder. I then brayered Night of Navy ink over the entire piece (I could have used Basic Black, but that stains the brayer... and I only have one). I then "polished" the piece with a tissue. Like I said, it's not my favorite, but I do like how the colors pop out from the dark color. It reminds me of Girl Scouts and coloring in layers with crayons and then scratching away my picture. I may have to try this in a different way... hmmm.

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

I quite like it and it works perfectly with the stamp set you chose! TFS!