I know I've been MIA for a while, but if you follow my personal blog, you know why... we've moved! I have said hello to the great (or actually little) state of Connecticut. I don't know anyone here! Because of this, I am having to actually go out and find customers and... frankly... step up my game. My goal is to be a great demonstrator. I want to be a resource to the paper crafters around me. I guess I ought to get stamping!
I started yesterday. I'm starting Demonstrator Boot Camp in February and it is a requirement to have a workshop each week. Ahh! 6 weeks with workshops when you don't know anyone is a rather large task! I'm diving in though! To drum up leads in my neighborhood, I've made my "one-layer-wonder" postcard. (<--This is a take off on a one-sheet-wonder which I may feature in the future.)
This postcard is just a 5 1/2 X 4 1/4 piece of Confetti White Cardstock (CS). I gave it the look of layers by masking. First I stamped the frame in Night of Navy. Then I "masked" it. I had stamped the frame on a sticky note and trimmed it close. I covered the frame on the postcard with the sticky note. I then stamped the entire card with the Linen background stamp in Mellow Moss. I stamped the sentiment and masked it. Then I added the paisley. I removed the masks, markered the flower with Ruby Red and Always Artichoke and stamped. Then I added Night of Navy to the edges with a sponge.
I'm rather proud of this dimensional looking card made with a very basic stamping technique.
Sunday, January 07, 2007
I'm back
Labels:
masking,
spring mini

No comments:
Post a Comment