I've recently started following Ali Edwards' blog. She also has an e-zine in which she issues challenges. This weeks challenge was to choose a word for the year... kind of like a theme for the year. It could be anything - noun, verb... whatever. My immediate response was "sleep". Hehe. Leave that to a mom of a 6 month old. ;-) Anyway, as I thought further, my mind kept returning to the idea of sleep. Fairly quickly, I realized although I am sleep deprived (partly my own doing as you can guess by the time of this post), I am more in need of rest. Then I thought about the many aspects of rest... and then REST became my word for 2007. It continues to return to my mind (in other words I didn't forget it) and it rings true. I love this idea. To celebrate my word (and to complete the challenge) I found a simple frame that wasn't in use and created a little table art.
I wanted to feel my word when I looked at this piece, so I decided purples would be perfect. I used Vintage Violet, Perfect Plum and Almost Amethyst. I broke out the Hodgepodge Hardware and ribbon - stitched Vintage Violet and silver organdy. I made the letters with my Sizzix.
Hehe... now I need to REST
~:-D
Monday, January 08, 2007
Ali Edwards Challenge
Labels:
not a card,
rest

No comments:
Post a Comment