Yay! Cards! Stamping! Woohoo!
I'm so happy to be back to myself! If you generally have a positive outlook even a "light" case of the blues seems drastic. At least I learned something. I need to be prepared for it a bit earlier in the year here than in Virginia. Go figure... traveling north affects the light... duh!
So anyway... you want to see stamping and paper craft stuff! So here it is!
This is for CPS sketch 39. I've hit a serious rut when it comes to layouts, so I've decided to use the resources available to me. I think I'm going to go back through their blog and do a few more.
For this card I set out to use a piece of DSP that I wouldn't normally choose. I don't want to say I think it's ugly, but I normally flip right by this piece convinced that I'll never use it. So "HA!" I used it. Way to break out of my shell, right?
I left the large panel blank (that was soooo hard), but I love the simplified designs I see out in cyberworld, and vast "white space" is often a feature of these. I hope I captured the idea right!
I knew I wanted to use the twine to create a vine for my flower, but boy was that a pain! If anyone knows a better way to adhere that stuff for a design (I used glue dots that I had to fiddle with) please let me know! The brads came about as a way to balance things out a little.
So... I'm glad to be back! More tomorrow from me!
Stamp Sets: Alphabits Ink: Old Olive, Really Rust, Soft Sky Paper: Fall Flowers DSP, Soft Sky, Sahara Sand Accessories: Pretties Kit, Silver brads, Natural Hemp Twine
Monday, November 12, 2007
A CPS sketch
Labels:
CPS,
designer paper

5 comments:
Great card, fab colours
Wonderful card, love it!
fabulous card!! :)
Beautiful !
Very elegant! Really liked the colors you used.
Post a Comment