Friday, August 03, 2007

Convention!

So... Convention was sooo great! I had a wonderful time. I got a lot of new ideas. It was so refreshing and such a boost! So, where should I start? I guess chronologically is best... I came in to Denver on Tuesday. I had good flights and we got in early. I waited around for my upline and roomie, Seijra, to arrive. Of course, we hadn't thought to exchange flight info and I forgot to grab my cell off the charger as I left home at 4am. How could I?! ;-) Anyway, I kept my eyes peeled and she arrived. We caught a shuttle... unfortunately I left my purse in the van. AAHHH!!!! Thank goodness it was full of other SU! ladies! They took my purse and got in contact with me. Crisis averted! The first day of Convention was pretty uneventful. It was check-in day. I had my priorities and stood in the Memento Mall line first. I got some goodies for myself and my downline. Then I headed over to get my bag. Inside were the great Convention goodies... booklets, make and take supplies, and STAMPS! All very nice. In the same area were the vendors. It was good to be able to try on shirts and such that I've been afraid to order online. In the evening we had the Pajama Stamp-A-Rama. It was strange to walk through downtown Denver in PJs, but at least I wasn't alone! Day 2-4, began with general session. Then we had lunch and classes followed. Each day at lunch I participated in an organized swap. I must say, this is my preferred way to swap. I guess it's just my social anxiety coming out, but I tend to feel way awkward in the big group just randomly swapping. I also like the higher quality I seem to get in the organized swaps. I loved listening to Shelli talk each day. I wonder if she prepares her own speeches... they are so natural! Anyway, she demoed her family display. The pieces in the display were created with SU! product, of course. I'm loving the banners that seem to be the rage right now. She had one saying LOVE. There were also "hat boxes" (including a wrapped up Pringles can) and a tree with ornaments. It was lovely! Here I am, enjoying convention! This is the great Inky Angels group. We had dinner on Friday night. It was a great time! We sat and talked (and talked... and talked) and shared so many great ideas. I, of course, was just soaking in all the tips and business knowledge! Overall, it was such a great learning experience. I am so pumped. I am re-inspired. I've been a little bummed about the business side of my SU! business, and had pretty much resigned myself to being a "hobby demo". (This is good, but I really want to make enough to not have to find money to buy stamping stuff!) I am now getting off my bum! I want to have the foundation in place... well... that's not a good analogy... I want to have all the supplies and tools ready so that I can start immediately after my move. So anyway, thanks for reading... if you did! Hmm... lets see if anyone did! I'm going to have a set to give away. I will draw from replies to this post for a set from this past Sell-a-bration. So reply away! I'll draw on Tuesday morning (8/7). Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

holla.

Unknown said...

glad you enjoyed your convention.... good luck with the your new business and your new place....

Diane said...

After convention my DH and I took a vacation in Colorado, so I'm a little late catching up on my favorite blogs, but I wanted you to know that I read your post and that I'm excited for you! I came back re-energized towards my business as well and can't wait for my first post-convention workshop (next Tuesday!). Woo hoo!