As I mentioned earlier, this weekend was VSN (virtual stamping night) on Splitcoast. I was able to do two of the challenges. Here was my first. The challenge was titled Pocket Full of Posies and the challenge was to create a pocket card.
This was my first pocket card. It's not great, but I think it's a start! I used one of my So Saffron long cards as the base. I also picked Four Seasons designer paper. The stamp set is Simply Said.
Part of the challenge of VSN is creating your project in just 45 minutes. Let me tell you, I really struggled with that. Perhaps if it had been a standard card I wouldn't have gotten stumped. In the end I was playing beat the clock. I won... but there are definitely some things I will do differently next time. First off, I learned to take a moment and think. I had just grabbed whatever popped into my head. While that can work if you have endless hours to tweak, it's not really effective for quick projects. I also learned to put some consideration into the tag that goes into the pocket. This one was thrown together, and although it serves its purpose, it's not just right.
I love learning experiences. They can be humbling, exposing your weaknesses and inexperience. They can also be encouraging, showing you that you can stretch and do the unexpected!
Thursday, May 24, 2007
VSN creation
Labels:
designer paper,
VSN

1 comment:
I love it! Beautiful!
Post a Comment