This week's Ways to Use It challenge on SCS was to use Yoyo Yellow in a card. It was harder than I thought! It's funny to think that when I first got started stamping, I used primarily the Bold Brights, Yoyo Yellow included. Now that color family is normally the last I reach for. Needless to say, this was a good stretch!
I knew I wanted to tone the yellow down a bit, so I stamped and sponged on it with Summer Sun. I was happy with the result. I also used my gel pen to put in a few highlights.
After fretting over this one and being generally disatisfied with it, I finally decided to make the card base purple instead of yellow. What a difference that little frame of dark color made! I actually like this card now!
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Going Yo-yo!
Labels:
heat embossing,
Ways to Use It challenge

1 comment:
very funky! great card
Post a Comment